Staffing for Penguicon
- Track Head – We are looking for Action/Adventure, After Dark, Cosplay, Life, and Science Track Heads! Please read and fill out this form if you are interested!
- Program Ops – Want to be a pivotal part of the programming team but can’t make the programming meetings? Then check out Program Ops! You’ll help during the convention running smoothly by coordinating between both our Programming and Operations Departments just before and during the convention. You’ll gather information about panel attendance as well as be aware of any special events that are taking place during that convention that need extra attention. Please E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested!
- Assistant Head of Communications – Help the Head of Communications with whatever she may need to keep our Penguicon communications on point!
- Marketing Coordinator – In charge of all marketing for Penguicon including but not limited to ordering marketing materials and running promotional events.
- Sponsorship Coordinator – In charge of gathering and coordinating with awesome sponsors for Penguicon throughout the year.
E-mail email@example.com if you are interested in any communications positions!
- Assistant Head of Hospitality – The Assistant Head of Hospitality is a full-year position. As assistant head, you’ll work with Janet, our Head of Hospitality, to plan the 2018 consuite. During Penguicon, you’ll be responsible for spending time in the consuite overseeing operations and working with staff. This position requires strong skills in communication and organization. You’ll be playing a major role in helping the consuite happen!
- Consuite Staff – As consuite staff, you’ll be working in the consuite for a minimum of 8 hours during the convention. Duties can include cleaning up, restocking food/snacks, aiding with flow of traffic, and serving beer. You’ll have the opportunity to meet, greet, and interact with Penguicon attendees while helping make sure the consuite is running smoothly!
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in any Hospitality positions!
- Truck Driver – Pilots the Penguicon cargo ship (a 26-foot box truck)
from the storage cube to Gordon’s Food Service to the Westin. Docks
and undocks the ship from the loading ports. (Worry not; we will spot
you during docking and undocking manoeuvres!) This position needs a relief driver, so that you can split on-call hours from the main driver
in case the truck needs moved from its parking space during con.
- Logistics Captain – Coordinates load in and load out. Directs load
in to the proper staging locations, and keeps the cargo ship’s hold
organised when packing up.
E-mail email@example.com if you are interested in any Logistics positions!
Please stay tuned to see what staff positions will be available!